10.00am – 10.45am – WORKSHOP: The Rating Economy – its influence on consumer behaviour and the impact on business
Summit partner and global pricing experts, Simon-Kucher and Partners return in 2019 and present this year’s expert facilitated workshop titled “The Rating Economy”. Their workshop was incredibly popular last year, so don’t miss your opportunity to hear the findings from their global research study and apply it to your business.
10.45am – 11.30am: OPENING KEYNOTE: Mr Richard Munro
I am delighted to have Richard Munro speaking in what is certain to be a passionate keynote address and one not to be missed. Richard will inspire Summit delegates with his personal and business leadership keynote drawing on his diverse portfolio of senior executive positions across the hospitality and tourism industries. These include, CEO of the Accommodation Association of Australia, Director of Sales with IHG, General Manager-The Star Entertainment Group and Director of Hotel Development-WORLDHOTELS. Richard will also share a fresh perspective in his newly appointed role as the Group CEO of NRL team the Cronulla Sharks.
Panel discussion featuring our revenue leaders & experts answering questions from the audience submitted prior to the Summit.
Facilitated by STR
12.15pm – 12.45pm: Networking Break
12.50pm – 1.30pm – REVENUE MANAGEMENT SESSION: To be announced
1.30PM – 1.45PM – Delegates move to selected workshop room
1.45pm – 3.30pm – WORKSHOPS - ROUND 1
Workshop 1: DIRTY DATA
The parity issue no-one is talking about
• Get to know the biggest undercutting offenders
• Discover ways you’re leaving money on the table
• Best practice approach as the parity game changes
Outliers, anomalies, algorithms and averages
• Are you truly optimising from clean data (traps to be mindful of when analysing)
Who says your competitor has it right? Are you at their mercy...?
• How much consideration should be given to competitor rates in your pricing decisions and does discounting increase demand or dilute it?
Workshop 2: THE POWER OF TRUST
Get them to know you, like you and trust you...
• Social platforms – how to reach your customers directly
• Psychological triggers that work
• How to best manage the instant gratification market
Workshop 3: HOSPITALITY DISRUPTED
The most costly phrase I know is, “because it’s always done that way...”
• Remove the fear around pricing decisions and unlock value
• How to nail loyalty programs and make it cost effective
• Think like a sharing economy business model and leverage your assets plus revenue generation beyond the in house guest
Workshop 4: THE PATH TO PROFIT
• Personalisation without being creepy...
• User experience journeys, are you reaching them at all touch points?
• How to use revenue data to drive digital marketing?
• Forecast accuracy – is it still a focus area? What is the knock on effect?
3.30pm - 3.45pm - DELEGATE ROOM CHANGE
Delegates can select a second workshop of their choice
3.45PM - 5.30PM - WORKSHOPS - ROUND 2
5.30PM - 6.30PM - NETWORKING DRINKS IN BOBBY MCGEES
DAY ONE SUMMIT CLOSE
* Please remember to bring your lanyard for entry to the Summit on August 15 *
* Attendees who book by 30 June can access the reserved seating in the workshops of their choice *
DAY TWO – GENIUS ZONES (THOUGHT LEADER HUBS) & MARKET PLACE
AUGUST 15 - CONNECT & LEARN FROM SUMMIT EXPERTS
8.15am - Registration opens, visit the market place, network and get started on your CONNECT card for your chance to win a great prize!
9.00am sharp -Welcome, Melissa Kalan – ARMA
9.10am – 9.50am - REVENUE MANAGEMENT SESSION: Off we go to a Theme Park. Revenue management is crucial for many industries. This year the Summit has an entertainment theme and we are delighted to share insights on the application of revenue management in the Theme Park industry. Speaker to be announced soon
Back by popular demand, don’t miss Martin Kelly's panel discussion on innovative ways our industry is maximising their profit opportunities. This discussion will also explore the evolution of connections, including how we interact with our guests, suppliers and with each other and what this means for business.
Learn how traditional business relationships and organisational structures have changed, where the ROI is in fostering exceptional connections and what is required to truly be a leader in this space.
Moderator: Mr Martin Kelly, Industry Commentator and Publisher of TravelTrends.biz
10.30am – 11.10am - MORNING TEA & NETWORKING
Network and learn, complete your CONNECT CARD
11.15am – 12.45pm – GENIUS ZONES - ROUND 1
Deep dive on revenue management topics with summit experts - delegates will be split into smaller hubs where they will hear insights, tips & tricks on a range of topics. During these engaging and interactive sessions, speakers will rotate while delegates remain seated.
Topics covered will include:
1. How to build and organise your revenue strategy teams
2. Performance metrics: RevPAR, RGI, MPI, ARI, GOPPAR, Net RevPAR...
3. Critical evaluation steps - which channels to work with & Google
4. How to approach and manage group business
5. How much of your inventory do you yield?
6. If it isn’t broke don’t fix it…or find a new way! Can you better segment your market, what could you be missing?
7. Customer loyalty strategies that work
8. A world without rate parity
9. Direct channel costs: uncensored!
10. Marginal revenue, marginal costs & economies of scale
Join the discussion on all the topics that MAKE YOU MONEY!